TRUCKPAVE porous paving
Manufactured from recycled plastics, TRUCKPAVE cellular paving is robust, durable and capable of withstanding all levels of traffic up to and including coaches, dustcarts and HGVs.
TRUCKPAVE’s cells can be filled with either grass seed/topsoil or gravel, making them suitable for stabilising areas where a grass or stone surface is desirable. TRUCKPAVE pavers are the economic, environmentally-friendly and a lightweight alternative to concrete grasscrete-type pavers.
• Lorry, coach and car parks
• Emergency fire access roads
• HGV service access roads
• Road widening
• Grass verges, including where HGV overrun occurs
• Service yards and other areas where forklift trucks operate
• Lay bys
• Loading areas
• TRUCKPAVE 80 and TRUCKPAVE 100 comply with the HSE manual-handling limit (concrete units exceed this limit)
• TRUCKPAVE 80 has tongue and groove interlocking for additional stability
• Meet SLW60 load category - vehicles up to 60t gross weight, 10t wheel load
• Flexible and resistant to cracking unlike concrete alternatives
• Because of its insulating qualities, plastic achieves greatly improved volume and quality of grass compared to concrete units
• High compressive strength
• TRUCKPAVE 100 is available with anti-skid surface detail for additional traction on gradients
• Pavers do not transfer heat and dry out soil infill
• Harmless to plants and animals
• Environmentally friendly - manufactured from recycled plastics
• Non-standard colours can be manufactured subject to order quantity
TRUCKPAVE pavers should be installed onto a well-prepared, free-draining, firm and relatively-level stone sub-base (a reduced-fines Type 3 for example). As an option a Tensar Triax TX160 geogrid at the base of this layer will allow a reduction in the sub-base depth. The sub-base is overlaid with TERRAM T1000 standard geotextile filter/separator followed by 20mm of coarse sand as a bedding layer for the pavers.
Once laid, the paver cells can be filled with a free-draining stone (e.g. 10mm gravel) or a good, clean, friable top soil and grass seed at 30/40 g/m2. The cells should not be overfilled so remove excess topsoil or stone from the surface. The topsoil settlement that will occur within the paver cells is desirable as this will allow grass growth without direct impact from traffic.
Perimeter pavers should be restrained using pinned timber sleepers or precast kerbs. The pavers can be cut with a hand saw or power cutter for fitting around obstructions.
The whole area should be compacted with either a plate vibrator or a small roller.
For large TRUCKPAVE installations with full edge restraint to all sides, it may be advisable to allow for expansion due to fluctuations in temperature. Please contact our technical sales team for advice on this or any other issues relating to design and installation of the pavers.
Product Specification :
|Product||Dimensions (mm) [w x l x d]||Weight (kg)||Units/m2||Units/pallet||Colour||Part No.|
|TRUCKPAVE 80||600 X 400 X 80||9||4.17||80 No (19.18/m2)||Grey||143412|
|TRUCKPAVE 80 with anti-skid surface||600 X 400 X 80||9||4.17||80 No (19.18/m2)||Grey||143634|
|TRUCKPAVE 100*||600 X 400 X 100||12||4.17||60 No (14.39/m2)||Grey||142880|
|TRUCKPAVE 100* with anti-skid surface||600 X 400 X 100||12||4.17||60 No (14.39/m2)||Grey||143450|
*TRUCKPAVE 100 was previously marketed in the UK and Ireland by Hoofmark (UK) Ltd (in liquidation as of May 2012). This paver will continue to be available from Fiberweb Geosynthetics for clients who prefer the additional depth of the unit for their particular application or wish to extend previously-installed areas